Thursday, March 28, 2013

Sharing the Easter story!

Yesterday evening I took the kids outside to kill some time before bed. Our new neighbors from down the street walked by.  Her name is Kristen and she had her three young kids with her.  Her husband was at work.  Aubrey was so excited to play with her kids for a bit as I visited and got to know Kristen.  As we were talking I overheard Aubrey talking to Kristen's daughter.  She was telling her all about Jesus and the Easter story.  She said, "and the Romans they were mean to Jesus and put him on that cross but Jesus rose in three days!"  It was precious!!  She continued to tell her all about Jesus. We have been reading a book about the true meaning of Easter and we have been playing with Aubrey's Resurrection eggs.  The eggs each have a small symbol of the Ester story in them.  It was precious and I was so proud of my sweet girl!  I almost cried right in front of our new neighbor!  We are truly blessed to have such a wonderful little girl.  She is so smart and already has a heart for the Lord!  Her prayers at night are getting more and more specific and personal to God.  I wish I could record them.  They are truly amazing!  I lay beside her in her bed as she prays and thank God for letting me be her mommy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment