Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Aubrey's Dance Recital















Aubrey had her first dance recital yesterday.  She did great and looked absolutely beautiful!  We were so proud!  It was a crazy weekend leading up to the recital though. The dress rehearsal and dance pictures were last Friday and the recital was supposed to be on Sunday.
Sunday, Aubrey and I got to the church and I got her all ready with all of the other dancers and moms.  My parents, sister, Trey, Trey's parents and Brandon and Kim were all going to be there.  Most of them got to the church and got to their seats. They got there early to get good seats too.  I sent Aubrey off to wait backstage and went and sat with my family.  About ten minutes before the recital was supposed to start the announcement was made that we all needed to go to bathrooms and classrooms because of a tornado warning.  What?! Crazy!  I hate tornadoes!  We waited for about 45 minutes as a really big tornado went right by us!  You could see it out of the windows from the church.  It went past us with no damage but because the power was out we could no longer have the recital.  It was rescheduled for Monday, the next day.  I was so sad because Trey had a trip Monday and would not get to be there.
The next day was horrible!   The worst tornado in history smashed through Moore Oklahoma.  It leveled the whole town and killed many!  Two elementary schools were destroyed. One was demolished and had kids and teachers inside.  So many lives and homes lost.  We will never forget May 20th!
The recital was again rescheduled because many families could not get there because of the traffic due to the storm.  My parents, who had gone home the night before, were heading back for the show...again!  They got to El Reno and turned around when I told them it was cancelled again.  We finally had the recital on Tue.  Trey was still on a work trip and Jan and Terry had to make a work trip back to Liberal.  They were so sad to miss it!  My parents headed back to Edmond for the third time and I got Aubrey ready and we headed up to the church.  Trey called about 45 minutes before the recital was supposed to start and said he got home early and would be there if the traffic would break up.  He was slow moving in the Moore traffic heading home from the airport.  I was so happy he was going to be there!  Everyone got to be there except Tony and Jan and Terry.  We will have a video party for them later!
Aubrey did such a great job and looked so beautiful!  I was so proud to be her momma!  We all gave her flowers after her dance, took pictures and then went home. Aubrey and I stopped off at Sonic first for a strawberry milkshake!  Every hard working ballerina needs one of those!  Good job Aubrey!  We love you! 

1 comment:

  1. I cannot get over how cute she is! Her expressions are priceless. Such a beautiful ballerina :)

    ReplyDelete