Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Vegas Baby!







Home sweet home! We are back from Las Vegas! We went over the weekend to attend my cousin Aspen's wedding. My mom, dad, sister, Aubrey and I flew out on Friday and got back yesterday! Trey did not get to go because he had to fly over the weekend. We sure did miss him. We had a good time though. I had been nervous about the trip with Aubrey for weeks. Everyone kept telling me that she would do great and she did great! I was so thankful for all of my family's help throughout the weekend. It really does take a village! I did not know how she would do on the three hour flight or how we would keep her on somewhat of a schedule with a two hour time difference. Oh, and a time change Sat. night. But like I said, Aubrey did awesome! I was able to nurse her to kill some time on the flight there and she slept a little. When she woke up, we tried to keep her entertained with toys. She got a little fussy so my dad walked with her in the back of the plane for about 20 min. until it was time to land. I was so thankful she did so well. When we got there we found our hotel, changed clothes and headed to the rehearsal dinner. It was a nice dinner and my cousin looked so happy. I had not seen her in a long time because they live so far away. Aubrey did good at the dinner but towards the end started to get a little fussy because it was her bed time when the dinner started. We kept busy walking her and keeping her happy until it was over. The next day we relaxed a little before the wedding that evening. God must have heard my prayers because Aubrey slept the entire wedding. Yay! I was so afraid she would get fussy and I would have to make a mad dash out of there so I would not ruin the wedding. She woke up just in time for the reception. The wedding started at five Vegas time. The reception started at 5:30 and went until around 10:00 there time, 12:00 our time. We had to leave early because Aubrey let us know that she was done for the night. She screamed the whole way back to the hotel. It was the longest ride ever. We hit every red light in Vegas! I was exhausted too. That was really the only crazy part of the weekend. Sun. we just hung out and ate lunch at a really nice resort then went to my cousins house to visit that evening. Mon. we got around and headed to the airport. The ride home was kinda crazy too. We took off 20 min. late and Aubrey wanted everyone to know she was ready to go home. She cried for several min. and would not nurse. We whipped out the bottle and she finally settled down. After she ate she crashed on my lap. Thank God, she slept the rest of the way home! We made it! I was worried for nothing! We had a good time and it was a good experience for me. Sure am glad we are home though!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment