Monday, March 29, 2010

What a great week!


This past week was awesome! I am talking about Aubrey and her naps! Usually when Aubrey is tired I take her into her room, turn on her music, rock her for a bit and then put her in her crib. She would then cry for sometimes 20 minutes before going to sleep, if at all. She would sometimes go down without any tears or not cry at all, but that was unusual. She would take about a 30-45 minute nap. Sometimes she would nap for an hour if I was lucky! I would see her wake up on the monitor and go and get her. Well last Wed. it all changed! It was like magic! When she got tired that morning I just put her in her crib, turned on her music and handed her her blanket. She has started holding it close to her face when she sleeps. It must be her comfort thing. It is so cute! I walked out of the room and looked at the monitor. She was kicking her legs and talking to herself. About 15 minutes later, without any tears, she was asleep. Yay! My friend Brady was over so when Aubrey started waking up about 45 minutes later I was not ready for her nap to be over. I wanted to visit longer. I went into her room. She smiled at me. I put her pacifier in her mouth and turned her music back on. I thought she would be crying seconds later. I went back in to the living room and looked at the monitor. She was again kicking her legs and talking to herself. Then like magic, about 10 minutes later, she was asleep again! She slept another hour and a half!!! What! Yay! I was shocked. I did the same thing later that day for her second nap and it worked again! She has been happy like that when we put her down at night too! What a good baby! This has gone on all week. Each time I think it is too good to be true, but she shows me! Aubrey has now been taking about a 2-2 1/2 hour nap in the morning and a 1-2 hour nap in the late afternoon. I hope it lasts a little while longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment